What happens if I leave my student property before the end of my tenancy agreement?

You will still be liable for the property until the initial contract period has come to an end. You can, however, look at the possibility of someone taking over your tenancy, freeing you from its obligation. This process is called an assignment.

You will need to find a replacement tenant that is mutually agreed upon by all remaining housemates. All existing tenants and the proposed new tenant would need to arrange an agreed time to sign relevant paper work to assign you out and put the the new tenant in your place onto the tenancy agreement.

If you need any support in finding a new tenant or have any further questions, please contact your property manager.