What is a section 21 for a student?

This is a standard legal notice that a landlord must serve you to start the process to end your assured shorthold tenancy. If you are in a fixed term contract in a student property, you will be served notice to leave, at least two months before the end of your tenancy.

It is a common process for this to occur within the Student Academic cycle – unless you and your housemates have decided to and asked to resign for the property for a further 12 months, it is likely that the property will have already been secured to a new group for the following academic year.