Autumn is here and with it comes a whole host of fun festivities, including Halloween, Bonfire Night and Christmas. This year Leeds is going all out for Halloween and so we wanted to share with you some of the exciting activities that will be happening around the city at the end of this month. Whether you want to be petrified or just a little bit spooked, you’re wanting a big night out or a family experience, there is something for everyone and all ages.
Fearsome family fun
If you want some light-hearted Halloween entertainment for all the family, you’ll be spoilt for choice this year! Below is a selection of the best events on offer around Leeds.
- Pus and Pimples SFX Workshop: Thackray Medical Museum, workshops running from Saturday 20th October to Sunday 4th November, various times. Cost = entry to museum plus £3 per wound created.
- Halloween Spooktacular. Fancy dress, crafts, ghost stories and much more. Temple Newsam, Wednesday 31st October, 5pm-8pm. Tickets are £10 per adult and £5 per child.
- Gruesome Newsam. A spooky tour of the house and gardens. Temple Newsam, from Saturday 27th October to Sunday 4th November, various times. Tour is free with paid entry to the house. Suitable for ages 7+.
- Pick & Pimp Your Pumpkin Festival. Select a pumpkin, pimp it up using craft materials, then take it home to carve. Kirkstall Abbey, Saturday 27th October, 10:30am-12 noon. Tickets from £5.95.
- Ghost Hunter Tours. The Royal Armouries, Friday 26th October, 5:30pm-8pm. Tickets are £5.
- Spooky Scarecrow Trail. Lotherton Hall, from Saturday 27th October to Sunday 4th November, 11am-3pm. Free with normal Hall admission.
- Hocus Pocus — outdoor film screening with fancy dress. Kirkstall Abbey, Friday 26th and Saturday 27th October, various times. Tickets are £15 per adult and £12 per child.
Creepy club nights
If you fancy celebrating Halloween by getting dressed up and dancing the night away in Leeds, then you have many club nights and bars to choose from.
- Prism presents Halloween. MiNT Club, Saturday October 27th, 10pm-6am. Tickets from £20.
- Halloween at the Haunted Mill. Canal Mills, Saturday 27th October, 10pm-4am. Tickets from £25.
- Inzombiefest. Mission, Saturday 27th October, 10pm-8am. Tickets are £19.75.
- Masquerade Ball. Aspire, Saturday 27th October, 8pm-3am. Tickets from £22.50.
- Detonate Halloween. O2 Academy, Friday 26th October, 10pm-5am. Tickets from £20.
- Projekt Halloween. O2 Academy. Saturday 27th & Wednesday 31st October, 11pm-4am. Tickets from £4.50.
- FunkyLove Halloween Party Presents – Moto Blanco. The Wardrobe, Saturday 27th October, 9pm-4am. Tickets are £14.
- Flux Halloween Special. Beaver Works, Wednesday 31st October, 10pm-5am. Tickets from £12.50.
- Halloween With Hunee. Mint Warehouse, Saturday 27th October, 10pm-6am. Tickets from £25.
- Twisted Circus: Halloween Special. The Space, Saturday 27th October, 11:30pm-5am. Tickets from £5.
- Prehistoric Rumble! Halloween Party with Wolfcops and More! Sela Bar, Wednesday 31st October, 7pm-2am. Free entry.
- Mischief Haunted Warehouse. The Warehouse, Wednesday 31st October, 11pm-3am. Tickets from £8.
Spooky special events
These special events for adults aren’t for the faint-hearted as they’re immersive and interactive, meaning you’ll find yourself in the centre of the scary action!
- Halloween at the Leeds Library. This includes a séance with ghosthunters and a trip down into the cellars of the UK’s oldest subscription library. Wednesday 31st October, 8pm-midnight. Tickets are £39.
- Outbreak: Cocktail Mystery Experience. An escape room and cocktail-making experience combined — cure the zombie virus by building the antidote from special cocktails. The Great Escape Game, throughout October. Prices from £16pp (depending on the number of players per game).
- Face Your Worst Fears – Horror Interactive Board Game. Become a playing piece in a real-life board game, roll the dice and find out your fate! Kirkstall Abbey, Saturday 27th October, 6:30pm. Tickets are £8.50.
- >H.E.I.I (Haigh End Incarceration Institute). In this escape game you will be sent to prison with a new identity. Your goal is to work out who or what has taken over the place. Haigh Woodland Park, Friday 26th & Saturday 27th October, various times. Tickets are £15.
Do you know of any other Halloween events happening in Leeds this month? Share them in the comments below.